With our proximity to the Chesapeake Bay, we know a large part of business is done on the water and we have the programs and knowledge to assist you in securing the coverage that fits your unique operation.
Boat Dealers / Marina Operators
Protects boats, motors, and equipment for sale
Coverage extends to boats in transit, on exhibition, or while being used for demonstration
Special coverage protects boats while they are afloat and covers loss of life, bodily injury, property damage, removal of wreck where required by law, court and legal fees
- Offers protection for a marina against liability arising from loss or damage to private pleasure craft and small commercial watercraft
- Covers craft and their motors and equipment when in marina's care, custody, and control for repairs, alterations, maintenance, lay-up storage, mooring, slip rental, hauling, launching, fueling and other service
- Protection and indemnity for loss of life, bodily injury, and property damage, when operating vessels in their care can be added to the policy
Marina/Boat Dealer Program
Our program successfully packages all Property, Casualty, and Ocean Marine Coverages in one portfolio. Includes Boat Dealer and Marina Operator Programs (see above) and may also include:
- General Liability
- Business Auto
- Piers and Docks
- Work Boats
- Umbrellas (including underlying Marina Operations and P&I)
- Marine Workers' Compensation (in some states)
This policy extends protection to those who are repairing or altering a vessel.
Typical coverage includes: loss of, or damage to the vessel, equipment or other property on board resulting from the repair or alteration activity; damage to the property of others caused by the vessel under repair; certain liability of the repairer while the vessel is transported during the repair process.
Marine Cargo insurance is the oldest form of insurance, having been in existence for over 700 years. Marine insurance today is still of great importance to international trade. Cargo Insurance facilitates trade by offering security to both the financial institutions and the trading partners. Our office can secure coverage for cargo using any recognized means of transport by air, land, or sea, anyplace in the world. Coverage can be extended to include Domestic Transportation, Warehousing, and Processing.
Commercial Watercraft Insurance
- Provides protection to builders of all types of vessels under construction
- The coverage is comprehensive and includes liability protection when the vessel is in the water
- The insured is covered for an amount equal to the contract price, from the time the keel is laid until the completion of the craft
- Provides coverage for a variety of barges
- Ocean and inland barges may qualify for coverage
- Both physical damage and liability (Protection & Indemnity) coverages are available
Tugs & Tows
We will carefully assess the risks and tailor coverage to tug and tow owners. Physical damage and protection indemnity coverages are available and can include vessel's liability to crew members.
- Owner operated Lobster Boats in Maine
- Owner operated Small Crab and Oyster Boats in Chesapeake Bay
- Excursion Vessel Insurance Program
A Marine Craftmaster is an individual or a small business that:
- Repairs, services, or installs equipment on private pleasure or small commercial watercraft
- Works at the vessel's location in marinas or yards owned by others
- Has gross receipts of less than $500,000 a year
Marine businesses that fit this program include:
- Repair and/or installation of Electronics, Fiberglass, Canvas/Sails/Upholstery
- Detailing/cleaning ? includes businesses that dive to do this work
Combined: Ship Repairers and General Liability
- Bailee coverage - covers your liability for goods of others while ashore in your care, custody, and control.
- Protection and Indemnity - when you are operating customers' boats for testing or repair
- Tools and Equipment
At The Jacobs Company, we understand your business. For more information, chat live with a broker, or obtain a quote!